Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shabbat Joy!!

This of all days should be one filled with joy!!
It is one of the most beautiful signs that we are set apart and in covenant with our heavenly Father......a day of rest.....where we do not need to worry about gathering, doing etc, all the things that keep us occupied for the other six days of the week! What an honour and a pleasure for us, the children of the King of Kings to have this one day in which we can glory in Him, rest and recharge our batteries. It was about a year and a half ago that Yeshua started laying on my heart the desire to keep His Shabbat, at this point in time I had no idea what the day entailed except that it was a distinclty 'Jewish' thing to be doing :o) One of my girlfriends tried to make me see that it is now 'spiritual' and every-day is Shabbat for the believers in Yeshua, and keeping the day is only for the Jewish people and if I tried to keep the day it would be legalism and going back under the law :o( ...This desire however would not leave, and I thank Yeshua that He kept on prodding!! This has been such a wonderful journey, lonely at times but more rewarding than any-thing I could ever have imagined. A couple of years ago we were visiting with some friends and I remember saying that I 'know' God loves me with my head, but I have no heart knowledge of this fact......little did I know that He had the most beautiful plan up ahead in which He would reveal His very heart (the Torah) to my own, and now......I can honestly say that I 'know' with my heart that He loves me....I 'see' Him for the very first time.
So today on this.....His day......I want to acknowledge Him and sing a song of praise to Him.....thanking Him for His love, His truth.......His Torah and most of all for Him alone to whom belongs all Glory!!! Won't you join me.....

 I shall compose pleasant psalms and weave hymns, because for You shall my soul pine.
My soul desired the shelter of Your hand, to know every mystery of Your secret.
As I speak of Your glory, my heart yearns for Your love.
Therefore I shall speak of Your glories, and Your Name I shall honor with loving songs.

Song of Glory   - Siddur



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post Shoshannah. May His whole creation offer Him praise. Psalm 148

~Claudia

Anonymous said...

I am so blessed to have been awaken from the slumber of which so many sleep and to know what his set-apart days truly are!

Thank you for sharing!
;)