Friday, March 4, 2011

The Book Of Awesome!!



OK ... so it's been awhile! I haven't felt much like blogging of late. I have my good days ... and bad days ... good moments ... and bad moments, but the light and love of YHVH our Elohim has a miraculous way of breaking through these times and causing my eyes once again to be lifted to the hills from whence comes my help! I praise you YAH my King!!
So on a much lighter note :o) ... I have just found the most incredible little book! A treasure trove of light heartedness, guaranteed to lift the spirits! I found this little book quite by chance (or maybe not) ... I guess I should know by now that Yeshua knows what I am in need of before I myself even know :o) and this book is a wonderful reminder, to stop and take notice of the little moments throughout out our day. The moments that seem meaningless and yes, maybe even a little tedious. To really appreciate all these wonderful , precious moments that indeed contribute to this gift of life. To change our perspective a little ... and to start seeing these moments for what they are ....AWESOME!!

'Sometimes it's easy to forget the things that make us smile. With a 24/7 news cycle reporting that the polar ice caps are melting, hurricanes are swirling in the seas, wars are heating up around the world, and the job market is in a deep freeze, it's tempting to feel that the world is falling apart. But awesome things are all around us - sometimes we just need someone to point them out.
The Book of Awesome reminds us that the best things in life are free (yes' your grandma was right). With laugh-out-loud observations from award-winning comedy writer Neil Pasricha, The Book of Awesome is filled with smile-inducing moments on every page that make you feel like a kid looking at the world for the first time. Read it and you'll remember all the things there are to feel good about. The Book of Awesome reminds us of all the little things that we often overlook but that make us smile. With toucing, warm, and funny observations, each entry ends with the big booming feeling you'll get when you read through them: AWESOME!'

I really recommend this book .... and I have even decided to incorporate the word AWESOME into my daily vocabulary to remind myself ... that ... hey .. these moments are truly AWESOME!!

ENJOY!!


Blessings and Shalom


4 comments:

HereinisLOVE said...

Awesome! ;o)

rjcmj said...

Shoshannah,

I will have to check it out. I absolutely loves "My Servant Caleb," that you recommended!
Blessings in Yeshua HaMashiach,
Joycelyn

Alicia said...

I just wanted to say, 1000 Awesome Things is one of my favorite blogs, and I love the book! Did you know the author is coming out with another book soon?

Alicia said...

I just wanted to say that 1000 Awesome Things is one of my favorite Blogs, and I love the book! Did you know the author is coming out with the Book of (Even More) Awesome soon?