Friday, October 22, 2010

Gray Is Beautiful?



I woke up this morning and I am sure that there are a few more gray hairs visible today than  yesterday :o)  Maybe not ... maybe today is just one of those days where I have to remind myself that growing older does not necessarily mean growing old :o) that acceptance of the natrual evolution of the ageing process that our Father has ordained for us contributes to the wealth of the spirit and shines through the windows of the soul!
If I consider all the money that I have wasted trying to achieve the 'perfect' colour for me, or the hours wasted in the salon having streaks put into my hair .. when YHVH already gave me the perfect colour just for me, and is now blessing me with streaks all for free :o)
In the book of Proverbs gray hair is esteemed as a crown of glory. Isn't it wonderful to see a mature woman who walks in elegant assuredness as she adorns herself with her natural crown of glory? On some days though I think we all need a little assurance that graying hair is just the next stage in the maturing of our beauty. The beauty of youth is represented by blondes, brunettes, red-heads and every shade in-between, this same beauty never dies but is simply transformed into the deeper beauty that gray hair signifies. Wisdom gained from life lessons and spiritual growth in Torah and our relationship with our Father, a life lived sensibly and in righteousness is all evidenced by the crown of glory that is a testimony to this incredible journey that we are on.
It is sad that the glory of gray hair which our Creator has blessed us with is being suffocated in the days in which we live.  More and more women believing the lie that they cannot and must not be satisfied with who they are or might become ...  not only dye but also nip, tuck, inject and implant.
May we, the daughters of YHVH, accept the beautiful gift that we may already or are in the process of possessing and may we very much look forward to attaining it in its fullness.
I encourage you and myself to wear our gray hair with a smile ..... your beauty will shine through as you bring glory to the One who gave it to you.

Blessings


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shoshannah, I understand exactly what you've been through, I also am guilty of not accepting the color of my hair especially during the transitions of my life, the graying of my hair. It is a touchy subject for many women. It has been over 1 year now that I have decided to let my hair alone and let the silver come in. I am glad YHWH led you to writing this. Not too long ago, I wrote a post on the same subject. May Yah bless you for continuing to encourage women in the way we should walk.
blessings ~ Carmen

HereinisLOVE said...

I'm not gray yet, but I look forward to the day that my hairs turn and I pray that will have gained much wisdom with each white strand!

Andi said...

Shoshannah,
Your post has been an encouragement to me....along with Carmens. I have died my hair so many times that I had forgotten what colour it was....until these last four years.

Now I see more and more gray and sometimes it's a struggle...but I won't die my hair any longer. I am growing older and Yah made me this way....
Shalom and Love
Andi

YahKheena said...

When I was younger I too colored my hair to achieve what the world call 'beauty' A few years ago well maybe about 10 or so I had a visit with an Aunt I hadn't seen a years, she had the most beautiful silver streaked hear. Absolutely lovey! It was then I believe I prayed that if I was to go gray that he would bless me with hair as lovely as hers.

as of today, I am so blessed to say, that he has hear my little prayer and has given me streaks of silver hair... I love it :-D

I think women who have a head of gray hair and cover are the most beautiful of ALL!