Friday, October 29, 2010

Let Me Not ......





Sonnet 116

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken,
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken
Love's not times fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickles compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved


This is truly one of my favourites :o)
This Sonnet in particular never fails to remind me of just what true love is and should be ..... but somehow it also has the ability to to fill me with courage!
I guess this lies in the fact that Shakespeare has so beautifully expressed the 'bench-mark' or 'test' of what true love is. It goes beyond emotion and once again lands squarely in the realm of choice :o)
Some-how this also causes me to ponder on the Saviours love for us  'Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove ...' .

I pray that this Shabbat will find us meditating on this great love that the King of the Universe has for each one of us ... His love that does not alter or is ever in danger of being removed ....instead it is an ever fixed mark!
I pray that we too will learn about choosing to give this 'true love' to others ... to walk in this kind of covenant love is most definately a choice, one that we can make moment by moment (I am still learning).

May the blessing of YHVH rest upon each one of our lives and our homes this Shabbat.

Blessings and Shalom

No comments: