Friday, December 3, 2010

Channukah and Head-Coverings



I found this really cute Channukiah at the mall the other day. It's not the traditional kind ... but really really cute. The pots are made out of pewter and look like they could've been dug up in an archeological dig!



This is a closer shot of the detail on the pots. Isn't it just so cute?! :o)

This is a wonderful time of the year. We get to celebrate the defending of the Torah ... and remember YHVH's provision for His people. It is also a time of contemplation as we commit to rededicating our lives in service to Yah just as the temple too was rededicated!
I hope that you are all having a wonderful time of celebration!!




I thought I would share some pictures of two new head-coverings that I am experimenting with. I like this hat ...more like a snood really. It is comfortable and light-weight. I still need to get used to wearing a new type of head-covering as I have always and only worn Tichels. I love the Tichels, but felt I could do with a bit more variety :o)




This wide head-band I really really like :o)  The fabric is super light-weight (which is really necessary for an African summer!). And they come in really bright colours, which I love!! I have also found some cute hats that provide really good coverage and have an old world kind of feel. I will be posting some pictures of those shortly.

Once again ... Shabbat Shalom!!

Blessings


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those head coverings are so pretty! :) Where did you get them?

My parents have just agreed to allow me to purchase an extra wide headband off of the Sowers of Hope Boutique--I can't wait to get it! :D

Leandro said...

so beautiful headcoverings Mev Lee! Keep on being modest!

Shalom,
L