Saturday, December 18, 2010

Israel My Beloved



"They will never again defile themselves with their idols, their detestable things, or any of their transgressions, but I will save them from all the places where they have been living and sinning, and I will cleanse them, so that they will be my people, and I will be their God. My servant David will be king over them, and all of them will have one shepherd, they will live by my rulings and keep and observe my regulations. They will live in the land I gave to Ya'akov my servant, where your ancestors lived, they will live there - they, their children, and their granchildren, forever, and David my servant will be their leader forver. I will make a covenant of peace with them, an everlasting covenant. I will give to them, increase their numbers, and set my sanctuary among them forever. My home will be with them, I will be their God, and they will be my people. The nations will know that I am  YHVH, who sets Isra'el apart as holy, when my sanctuary is with them forever." - Yechezk'el (Ezekiel) 37:23-28  CJB.

We long for and look forward to that day ... when ALL of Israel will be saved and her Shalom ... final and complete.

The keeping of the Shabbat is the sign that sets us, the people of YHVH, apart from the rest of the nations. The keeping of the Shabbat is a privilege ... and a beautiful gift from our Father and our King. Many do not see this though ... and shout 'legalism' when confronted with a heart that wants to obey. If taking this one day and setting it apart from all others in order to have our spirit refreshed by His ... to have time to sing His praise and exalt ourselves in Him ... to allow ourselves to be reminded that He is the God in whose hand our breath is and in whom are all our ways ... that without Him there is no life - if all of this treasure can be labeled 'legalism' ... then a legalist I shall be. The thing is legalism does not bring freedom ... and the truth is ...
I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE FREE!!!

Shabbat Shalom to all of Israel!!



4 comments:

Sigalit Chana said...

I was just reading this yesterday... oh, how I long to see this beautiful promise complete! Happy Shabbos to you and your family, and Shalom on Yisrael!

Shabbat Shalom!

Unknown said...

Shabbat Shalom!!!

rjcmj said...

It is not an obligation, but an honor to obey and follow the commands of YHWH! This is a beautiful post and very well said!
Praise Y'Shua!
Shalom,
Joycelyn

Leandro said...

This song poped up in my mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iztmuk8j5cY

Thanks for sharing Mev Lee! I enjoy so much reading your blog.

Shalom,
L