Friday, December 24, 2010

Who Are We?




'His foundation is in the holy mountains.
YHVH loves the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacov.
Glorious things are spoken of you, O city of YHVH. 
I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia,
this man was born there.
And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the Highest Himself shall establish her.
YHVH shall count, when He writes up the people, that this man was born there.
As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee.'
- Psalm 87


Praise YAH for His loving kindness and faithfulness!!

The one thing that is grieving my heart this Shabbat ... is the one thing my eyes have been blind to for far too long. My eyes have now been opened and my heart is heavy ... for I am now able to see the degree of anti-semitism that has/is infecting the house and people of YHVH. At least this is what they profess to be.
The day that YHVH opened my eyes to His Torah and revealed His heart to me, is the day that life truly began! There have been many changes ... both inside and out ... I am truly a new creation! Praise YAH!!
I am called out ... called to leave behind all the lies and vanities that I have inherited. Called to leave all vain imaginations that have raised themselves up against the true knowledge of who YHVH is. Called to become a daughter of the Most High God ...
With this 'calling' comes a new identity ... a new destiny ... a new future, inheritence and hope!
And a new people that I am now a part of ...ISRAEL.
Unless I am a child of Israel ... I cannot be a partaker of His covenant.
The covenants were made with Israel and remain with Israel, and we wait with anticipation for the final fulfillment of all of YHVH'S promises to Israel!
Israel are who they are because of YHVH - the God of Israel. Their ways ... are His ways.
If His ways are now becoming my ways (by His mercy and grace I have been lovingly grafted in) - the question is... who am I going to start looking like? Is my life going to start being a reflection of His Torah? And if so ... then what people am I going to start resembling? There has only ever been one nation that are set apart in their keeping of the Shabbat and feasts and Torah of YHVH ... Israel.
Only with these changes taking place in my life have my eyes been opened to the undercurrents of anti-semitism and hatred that lie undetected in so many hearts. Many are afraid of being identified with Israel ... the land, the people and even the Jewish Messiah. Maybe we should examine our hearts a little more ... after all is it not a privilege to be identified as one of the people of YHVH ... set apart and in covenant with Him?
As the people of YHVH .. we should be carrying Israel - the people and the land - deep within our hearts, just as He does. Their struggles and wrestlings should drive us to our knees in prayer ... after all ... are they not our people. Is Israel not the home our spirits yearn for?
Just as the Psalm above promises ... YHVH Himself will declare that we belong there with Him ... part of His people ... the Israel of God for all eternity!
Just as Naomi and Ruth had to leave the fields of Moab and return to the land and God of Israel - so too do we along with our Jewish brothers and sisters. Let our prayer this Shabbat be for our people to return to the God of Israel ... YHVH ... and His ways, that all vanities, lies and vain imaginations will be destroyed and that His name will be sanctified in all of Israel!

May YHVH bless you and keep you
May YHVH make His face to shine upon you
May YHVH lift up His countenance upon you
and give you His Shalom,


Blessings


1 comment:

rjcmj said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you Miss Shoshannah for sharing!
Blessings!
Joycelyn