Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kosher and Halal foods Not the Same




This is the second video report that I have watched today regarding this issue.


I find it extremely interesting ... and am wondering what you think? When YHVH first revealed His eating laws to us as a family, this issue of halaal meat was really a concern for me, as we do live in an area where most of the supermarkets and meat markets cater for the muslim population. Being very new to the ways of YHVH and his Torah I had still not learned about the seriousness of eating anything offered up or sacrificed to Idols. I did inquire of various people for their advice and was told that it really was not a concern and I should not worry ... well, I think I am now inclined to disagree with them. I think that this is something that as the people of YHVH we should look into and gain an understanding of so that we can once again allow His Name to be sanctified within us. Are His people not ‘destroyed for a lack of knowledge’?

The thing is there are so very many products that are halaal on the supermarket shelves and it is not an issue only concerning the meat we eat. How does one work around this?

I would really love to hear your thoughts on this subject .. so please don’t be shy!! Leave a comment!



With much Blessing

Shalom

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Shoshannah,
This has been a topic in our house too lately. We plan to watch Paul Nison's video tonight and Mark Biltz as well.
One thing that struck me, is how awesome our ABBA is. He knew that we would have to deal with this so he gracefully included His heart's desires in His book. He provides in so many ways! :D

I've been following Bill Bullock's discussion on the Rabbis Son group about this as well and it's been a blessing to me.

~ Claudia

HereinisLOVE said...

Wow this is interesting. I always thought Halal and Kosher were the same. Very eye opening!

Extraordinary In The Ordinary: One Orthodox Christian Mother's Musings said...

Until I watched this video I didnt even know there was such a thing as Halal food. I didn't even know the muslims followed strict dietary guidelines. This was good information! Thanks for sharing! As for what do I think about it.. I guess if we dont know that it was sacrificed to idols then we aren't in sin. How would we know if they took the label off and replaced it? But if we knowingly eat food offered to idols, then we would definitely be in sin.

Michelle Gibson said...

I haven't watched the video yet, but Paul talks about eating meat sacrificed to idols... those who are weak in their faith abstain... but WE know that there is no such thing as other gods, only one true God, so it is not a sin to eat meat "sacrificed to idols" UNLESS you are with a brother who is weak in the faith and thinks he is sinning in doing so... then we don't want to be a stumbling block to them.