Thursday, January 13, 2011

Meet Joycelyn ... A Beautiful Woman of YHVH



I am so very blessed to be getting to know Joycelyn. Her gentleness of spirit and love and devotion to our heavenly Father has and I believe will continue to encourage me! Her testimony of her journey to becoming Torah Observant and this life lived out is truly inspiring. We'll never know the whole of a person by reading a snippet of their heart ... so I encourage you to get to know Joycelyn over at her blog  Joycelyn's Journey, she is a true and beautiful sister to have as a companion on this incredible journey!  :o)

Joycelyn's Story ;

I grew up in a strong Catholic family. I became a born again Christian in 2002.


I have been attending non- denominational, Bible based churches with my family since.

I have read scripture, studied, and sought out lessons from those with greater knowledge than me.

In the Spring of 2010 I began feeling the call to be more Torah Observant. I was not sure about this call and continued to pray and seek guidance on this calling... Sometimes it takes more than a whisper with me, I tend to need a 2X4 across the head from Ruach HaKodesh!  As I felt this calling continue, I continued to read, research and seek guidance. YHWH provides! He sent a Messianic Rabbi to the Christian church I attend to speak on Messiah in the Passover and also about the feasts in scripture (Deuteronomy 16). Only Yah could have provided this, no way could I ever have planned such an event!

In September of 2010, the call became so strong, I finally had to obey. I have been so blessed since! I have been wearing skirts and head-coverings since September, and have continued to pursue truth in the Word of G_d.  YHWH has provided so many friends on Facebook to help me in my walk and I continue to share with more and more friends along the way! He has also given me scripture when at times I question this path.

 We focused more on Hanukkah this year and less on Christmas. We also have begun celebrating Shabbat as a family. Yah has sent people my way to share resources with me in my own community and to grow on in His Narrow Path.

It is not an easy journey. Many of my family and friends have difficulty understanding my path. They are deceived that the laws of the Torah are obsolete, however, it is clear in Matthew 5:17
 “Don’t think that I have come to abolish the Torah or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete”.
 Yeshua fulfilled the law, not obliterated it. Yeshua and the apostles followed Torah in their practices. They read scripture, which was Torah and the Haftorah in their time. There were no Apostolic Scriptures at that time yet. Since I began walking the narrow path, following the call YHWH has given me.  I have been attacked more by the enemy, and have certainly had my share of struggles, however, I also am so blessed to receive so many clear confirmations I am on the path YAH wants for me.  I read scripture, speak with others, and hear in prayer things that make it clear I am where YHWH wants me to be.  I also have been so blessed by the obvious leading of Yah to so many wonderful people on the internet and locally since following the narrow path.  I never could have imagined so many people who would come into my life and fellowship with me.  I am immensely blessed!

I will continue to follow Torah as YHWH calls me. Do not mistake what I am saying.

We are saved strictly by Grace through Faith in Yeshua HaMashiach.

He died and rose again to defeat sin and death. If we just give our lives to Him- we are His!

However, because we are saved by His amazing love and grace, I want to obey him and follow his commands!

Blessings and Love in Messiah HaMashiach!

Joycelyn

PS: I want to add a huge thanks to the Dixon Family Ministries who have been so wonderful in sharing with me and leading me to other resources for my walk http://dixonhomestead.com/
 
 
 
Thank you so much for sharing with us Joycelyn!!
May YHVH continue to keep and guide you with His Shalom as you place your feet where He leads ....
 
Blessings!
 
 

4 comments:

Extraordinary In The Ordinary: One Orthodox Christian Mother's Musings said...

Joycelyn is an amazing woman of YHWH! I have been very blessed to call her friend and sister in Yah! I am very new to being Torah Observant and I am following her example!

Unknown said...

Yeshua did not abolish the Law. He fulfilled it, thereby making it obsolete for those under the New Covenant, who are not under law (Romans 6:14-15; Galatians 3:10; 5:18). Since it is fulfilled, it is set aside (Hebrews 7:18-19). The Law (Torah) is the obsolete stipulations of the former priesthood, which is no more. We have a new High Priest and a new priestly order, and "when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also" (Hebrews 7:12). Read Hebrews 7:11-28. In fact, read all of Hebrews. If you do not believe these Scriptures, then you do not believe in the Yeshua of the Scriptures, but in a Yeshua of your own making. -- theichabodshow.com

Walking Therein said...

Shalom friends! Joycelyn is a beautiful woman of YHVH, and I appreciated reading this.
Joycelyn, your love and zealousness for the Father and his ways and your faith in Messiah is refreshing and a blessing to our entire family.
May you be blessed and at peace as you walk in his ways, the ways the Messiah showed us to walk in!
Shalom and Love to you sisters!

Walking Therein said...

That was me, btw... :)